I hadn't made these cookies since I was a kid and just remebered how much I like them. I couldn't find the good old recipe my mom made, and it was too late to call her, so.....I looked on line and combined a few. This is what I got. They are so tasty!!!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
1 cup applesauce
2-1/4 cup flour (I used half wheat, half white)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet if you prefer)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream sugar and shortening. Add egg, applesauce and vanilla: mix well. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg and salt. Mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by the tablespoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until very light brown. These little guys are tasty fresh out of the oven, but I personally like them the next day when they have softened a little. They make a great breakfast. :)
Hi maria, thanks for the great tips on coupons. This recipe looks fabulous. I will have to try it.
ReplyDelete