I love to make this when I have an abundance of apples on hand. It is also a great way to get rid of the apples in your fridge that are about to get to the "I'm not eating that" stage.
Filling:
3-4 cups sliced apples (I like the granny smith because they are tart, but any variety will work)
2 Tbspwhite sugar
2 Tbsp flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Dash of lemon juice
Mix together and place in a 9×13 buttered baking dish.
Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup flour
1 cup quick oats, heaping (old fashioned oats work also, it will just have a little different texture.)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cube butter, softened
Mix all dry ingredients and then cut or crumble the butter into the mixture. (I just workit in with my hand.) Sprinkle over apples and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. You can use the same crumble mixture on top of almost any fruit. We like to do peaches and blueberries. It is also great with black berries. (You do not need to add the sugar and flour mixture to any fruit except apples.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just happen to have a bag full of those "questionable" apples! duhlish Maria!
ReplyDelete