Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crescent Shaped Dinner Rolls

I make these all the time. The hardest part is waiting for them to rise.

4 tsp. yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup melted shortening, cooled
1 1/2 tsp. salt
4 1/2 c. flour (I do half white half wheat)

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add all other ingredients. Stir and let rise 2 hours (real sticky dough). Split in half. Place one half on a heavily floured surface. Roll out into a circle. Brush with melted butter. Cut into 12 slices pizza style. Roll from large end to small to make a crecent roll.
Curve ends slightly. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with other half of dough. Brush rolls with butter. Let rise 1 hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Makes two dozen rolls.

*I have also used these for little sandwiches at baby or bridal showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment