Saturday, October 24, 2009

Carmel Crunch Corn Puffs


This works great on regular popcorn too. Just be careful when you make it, it is addicting and you won’t be able to stop eating it.

1 bag puff corn
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. vanillapinch salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt in saucepan. Boil 4-5 minutes, stirring continually (I usually only do 4 minutes.) Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Mixture will foam. Pour over puff corn in a large roaster that has been well greased. (I use a cookie sheet and try to be careful not to dump to much over the edge when I turn it). Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on a cookie sheet or wax paper. (I am usually not patient enough to wait the whole hour. It still turns out great if you only do 30 minutes in the oven and turn twice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment