This recipe came from my sister’s friend Joy McClean. It is so stinking good! When I make it, I eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it is gone. Trust me, you will love this. It is especially good in the summer time.
2-3 lb cooked chicken, shredded (I like to wrap it in tinfoil with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and paper and bake it for 30-40 min on 350)
2 heads iceberg lettuce
1/3 package wonton squares (sometimes I use more like 1/2 the package, I really like crunchy stuff) You can freeze the uncooked wonton squares for next time. I have also used egg roll wrappers before. They are made of the same stuff so it doesn’t matter.
¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
1. Toast sesame seeds or buy pre-toasted sesame seeds
2. Fry wontons in a small amount of oil; drain on paper towels(I rip them in 1 or 2" thick, rough strips before I throw them into the oil.)
Dressing:
½ cup sugar
½ cup white vinegar
5 tsp salt (I do 3 tsp)
1 tsp. Accent seasoning salt (I use McCormick Seasoning Salt)
boil until dissolved, cool.
ADD:
½ tsp pepper
½ cup salad oil (vegetable oil)
MIX well.
Toss lettuce, wontons, sesame seeds, chicken and dressing when ready to serve (wontons will go soggy if mixed too soon). I keep everything seperate and just mix it right before I eat it. Sometimes I put sliced green onions in it if I have them laying around. If you like cilantro you could also toss a little of that in to and it would be really yummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment