Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Scone Dough (Navajo Tacos)


Okay people. I am a sucker for a good scone! And these are the bomb. Got the recipe from my sister Merry.

1 1/2 cups warm water
2 1/4 tsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. powdered milk (if you don’t have powdered milk just do 3/4 cup warm milk and 3/4 water instead of 1 1/2 cups warm water. I put the milk in the microwave to warm it up.)
1 tsp. salt
4 cups flour (I use at least 1 cup wheat flour)
Deep pan for frying with 1-2 inches of oil.

Let yeast disolve in water and milk, add honey, stir in dry ingredients, let rise until doubled. Pull off pieces, pat flat with floured hands and fry in oil, in a frying pan until golden brown on both sides. Serve as Navajo Tacos by layering with, cheese, Chili mixture, Lettuce, tomato, sour cream, green onions, salsa, and anything else you like. You can also just serve them with soup or with butter and honey, or butter and cinnamon and sugar. YUMMMMO!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I've never checked out the mother huddle before... stupid I know. But anyway, just checked it out, found your recipe for Navajo tacos. SOOOO glad I did too, because I've actually been craving them. A friend made them for us a few years back when we first moved into our ward, and I never bothered to find a recipe for them. I'll give you one guess what we are having for dinner tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete